Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snow Tubing

To celebrate my sister Suzy's birthday, we went sledding at Gorgoza Park near Park City yesterday. This was the first time I'd ever been sledding at a place that had a lift, so you don't have to walk up the hill each time, and it was awesome!!! Makes sledding about 5 times more fun than it usually is!

I had to laugh, because when you first get there, they make you read and sign a paper that explains how completely dangerous sledding is, explaining how you may die, and if you do, you cannot hold them responsible. But then, when you get on their beautifully groomed sledding hills, your ride is as smooth as silk. I think it was the safest sledding experience I've ever had in my entire life. No big fence to run into at the bottom like at Hooper Elementary. No big hidden rocks to break your tailbone on like at Beus' Hill near Soda Springs. No trees to dodge like the place where we always sled when we get our Christmas tree each year. No other people to crash into, because they make you wait until the other people get out of the way. So, it's fun. Really fun. Here's Suzy and I signing our lives away.


Here's a little video I took while riding up the lift.


It's funny. My niece Debbie was complaining to her mom that the lift ride was really boring. Suzy said "Do you think it would be more fun if you had to walk up the hill, dragging the tube by yourself?" Then Suzy remembered that Debbie has not been sledding the old fashioned way before, so she didn't have enough life experience to know how sweet it is to get pulled up the hill. Here's a photo of sweet Debbie:
Here's Rick, helping Anna get off the hill at the end of the ride. You can see the three short runs they have for kids under six, and then they also have four longer runs for older people. Both were fun.Parker was great with the little girls. Here he is telling them stories to keep them entertained while they were in line.


We loved it!


Just wanted to share one last photo. After we arrived at my house, I was tired and so I laid on the floor while everyone was enjoying rootbeer floats at the table. Because of my position, I was able to witness this sweet moment between Anna and Lily Beth.


Happy Birthday Suzy! We love you!

6 comments:

Feliza said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! Sorry we missed it!

cindyc said...

Be thinking of what outing you'd like to do for your birthday, Phyllisa, and we'll have lots of fun together then!

Lori said...

Family fun is what life is all about!!

Becca's Blog said...

Cindy it was so fun to read what you have been up to on your blog! I'm envious of all the fun things you get to do with the family.

Feliza said...

We'll be on our trip. Maybe next year. :)

cindyc said...

Phyllisa, let's not wait a whole year, but plan to celebrate your birthday either early or late! Hope you have a great time on your trip!