Sunday, March 1, 2009

Photo shoot with Dave Terry

I work with Dave Terry, who is not only an excellent software developer, but is also an excellent photographer. He will occasionally bring his camera to special events at work, and I've always enjoyed seeing the images he captures.

Here's an image he caught of me at a team building exercise a year or two ago.


More recently, he caught this image of my work team at the retirement of my coworker, Alan Hepworth (who is in the middle here). In case you are wondering, we are doing our "team cheer", which was invented by Kelly Marshall who is the only one not doing it and doing rabbit ears instead!


For a long time, I've been wanting to schedule a photo shoot with David. I kept telling myself that once I met my goal of losing 100 pounds, I would schedule it as my reward. I got within 5 pounds, and then gained ten back. Basically, I've been working for the past 4 years or so to lose that last remaining weight, but seem to be stuck. So, recently, I decided to go ahead with the photo shoot anyway! Yay!

I enjoyed talking with Dave to plan it. He asked me to think about "Who is the real Cindy?" and what accessories I could bring to represent my true self visually. I wasn't quite sure how to represent the TRUE me visually, but I do know that I like to travel and have adventures. I thought I might be able to bring my "1000 Places to See Before You Die" book to be photographed, but he suggested that a good way to communicate travel and adventures is through the use of hats. I immediately remembered a sweet hat with worry dolls on it that I had picked up on a trip to Guatemala. Here's a fun image Dave captured with that:


The photo shoot was totally fun. Dave made me feel very comfortable. How can you not be comfortable when he's smiling at you and posing himself in the way he wants you to look, such as in this sassy hands-on-the-hips pose? Just imagine Dave doing this:


I asked him to make me look better than I do in real life, and I think he succeeded there. Here's my favorite picture of them all:


If you are interested in seeing the rest of the photos, you'll find four pages of them here: http://www.dterryphotography.com/gallery/7431725_cMg9i

If you are on Facebook, you may have seen many of them there already. Thanks to my dear facebook friends who have made kind comments about these new photos. Your comments make me blush and not know quite how to respond, so I'll just say "thank you". And, especially, a big thank you to Dave Terry for such a great experience and such great images!




4 comments:

Lori said...

You are beautiful...inside and out. Ya look great!!! Jealous much!!

David Terry said...

Wow, I'm honored... Cindy, you rock! Thank you for the kind words. :)

kj said...

Hi, Cindy. Beautiful pictures! I don't think he made you look better than you really look in real life. That looks just like you to me. You're one of the most beautiful people I know....but if he could make me look better than I do in real life I would have him take my picture.
-Kirsta

David Terry said...

@Kirsta: I'd love to do a photo shoot with you! :)