Sunday, October 10, 2010

A few of my favorite things

"A happy family is but an earlier heaven."
- George Bernard Shaw

Just wanted to share this photo of my mother and my nieces and nephews sharing some happy times together recently. I love the look of contentment on my mother's face as she cuddles one of her sweet granddaughters.


My niece Mallory has a beautiful voice, and was kind enough to allow me to record her singing "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing", one of my all-time favorite songs.

video

Here she is performing "Still Hurting", another of my favorites:

video

Thanks for sharing your talents with us Mallory!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow! Mallory is VERY talented! What a beauty!!! She reminds me of Tracy when we were kids - so musically talented. How wonderful! Thank you for sharing Cindy. Hugs to you and everyone!!!

Lori said...

Your Mom looks wonderful. She is an amazing woman. I would have been a very lost young girl without her gentle touch and loving care. She taught me the importance of visiting teaching....not just to those we teach, but to our partners as well. I love seeing that love reach out through her children. You are an amazing woman. I know your Mama is proud. (And your niece sings beautifully!)

kj said...

Your mother is so beautiful. Love that picture of her with her grandchildren.

And thank you for posting videos of Mallory singing. I've never heard her sing and have wanted to. Beautiful.